Newark Unified School District is hosting an information event for parents of children entering transitional kindergarten (TK) or kindergarten in the 2018-19 school year. Click here to find out if your child qualifies for TK or kindergarten next year.
Movie Night is Friday, Dec. 1. Admission to the movie is FREE for everyone! Hot dogs and other concessions will be sold to benefit Snow PTA.
Doors open at 5:30; the movie will start at 6. Bring blankets or comfy seating and enjoy a fun night out!
We are looking for new campus monitors to supervise students during lunch.
Hours: 11:35-1:00 M-F
For more information, please talk to the office staff.
First-grade classes will be performing songs and poems all about snow!
December 20, 2017
6:30 pm (students should arrive at 6:15)
Cookies and milk will be served after the performance!
- November 20-24 (Thanksgiving)
- December 22 – January 5 (Winter Holidays)
- January 15 (Martin Luther King Jr.)
- January 22 (Staff Development)
A Spare the Air Alert is in effect for the Bay Area October 11 & 12, 2017. Due to the current widespread fires impacting the bay area, the Bay Area Air Quality Management District has issued a severe smoke advisory.
Newark USD schools are advised to:
- Limit outdoor activities to avoid unnecessary exposure to smoke by keeping students inside for recesses, breaks, physical education, etc.
- Reduce exposure to smoky air by remaining indoors with windows and doors closed, if possible.
- Move outdoor team practices indoors
Students and staff who are highly sensitive may be experiencing symptoms and we are asking principals to follow standard procedures for students displaying any symptoms that may become problematic by notifying parents immediately. Please note, a Spare the Air day has been called for 10/12 and the Superintendent’s office will notify the schools if it is lifted.
View the Bay Area Air Quality Management District website for updated information.
It’s time to get READING! Help our school reach our goal of $10,000!!
Our Read-a-Thon begins this week!
- Get SPONSORS using your student page and secret code (check your Blizzard Bear Folder!)
- READ! Teachers will log students’ reading minutes each day of the read-a-thon.
- Have FUN! Students who fundraise will get to participate in our COLOR AND SLIME A TEACHER party!
That’s it! This is a huge fundraiser for our school office. Please take the time to register your student and get support from family and friends!
Reading days are Oct. 13-20. You can collect sponsors and funds until Oct. 27. Color and slime party days are Oct. 13 and Nov. 3.
If you have more questions, ask Mrs. Sehrt or your child’s teacher, and GET READING!